Dirt has been dug on our lot! Work began this week with forms placed for the slab and trenches dug for plumbing. It’s exciting to see action on our little plot of land.
Our neighbors’ houses are also going up quick. Since they’re a few weeks ahead of us in the process, we can just look next door to see what’s coming next.
We also made final decisions on materials. It was so hard to pick with such small samples and no pictures of what they’ll look like installed but this is what’s going in:
- White shaker cabinets.
- Monte Cristo granite counters (in the kitchen and butlers pantry).
- Marazzi Norwood series tile in Oak through the first floor.
- Shaw Parkland series carpet in Frosted Ice through upstairs.
- Dal tile Florentine unpolished Carrara tile in the master bath.
- White hexagon marble tiles for the master shower floor.
- Dal tile Mariella tile in grey for the other baths and laundry room.
- Moen Brantford series faucets in chrome for the bathrooms.
We did all stainless/brushed chrome for the kitchen including faucets and knobs/pulls.
We mostly did the standard lights since we’ll change out those later, but did upgraded light fixtures for the bathrooms: Savoy House Melrose series. Some spots got two pendants, some got three.
Obviously there are a lot more upgrades that are going in but those are the big material upgrades.
The things that keep me excited are the fireplace, giant kitchen island and the wine fridge in the butlers pantry. The fridge being a totally unnecessary splurge that we totally needed 😉